Best Dog Harness For Running
Leisurely jogging around the neighborhood with your dog is a great way for you and your dog to stay in shape. This will also be the time for you to enjoy each others’ company. Dogs are naturally energetic animals and are in need of regular exercise.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks for Best Dog Harness For Running
- Best Overall: Ruffwear Front Range All-Day Adventure Harness
- Best Affordable: URPOWER Dog Leash & Harness
- Best Trail Running Dog Harness: EXPAWLORER Front Range Dog Harness
- Best For Large Dogs: Kurgo Journey Harness
- Best For Running With Dog That Pulls: Kiomi Dog Harness
IMAGE PRODUCT DETAILS View on Amazon → View on Amazon → View on Amazon → View on Amazon → View on Amazon →
Jogging together with your dog will reap benefits for both you and your dog. Your dog will stay motivated, will push your limits, and will more likely remind you every day when it is time to sweat and exercise. If you plan to run with your dog, you have to make sure that your dog is safe and secure. This means you need a high-quality and comfortable harness that you can attach to the dog to keep him by your side. With that in mind, take a look at how you can select the best harness for your dog.
Best Rated Dog Harness For Running Reviewed
We have compiled the best dog harness for running that you could choose from. Take a look at it and see which ones will best suit your dogs needs.
What to Look For in a Running Harness
Although using just any harness while running may seem good enough, there are some brands that are undoubtedly better and more suitable than the rest. To ensure that the harness works well with your dog, make sure that the harness you choose has the following traits.
- Adjustable – An ideal harness for your dog is one which will always provide room for you to lengthen or shorten the straps, depending on your needs. You also have to consider this to ensure that the harness serves its purpose. You also need to carefully select a harness that fits the build of your dog and its size. The best harness should allow your dog to move about freely and provide it with enough flexibility.
- Comfortable – One of the primary concerns of a harness should be comfort. Your dog will adapt to the harness faster if it fits them comfortably. Usually, a harness that has padding in high friction body parts, like the belly and the chest is the one that is most comfortable.
- Reflective or High-Visibility Finish – Some of the best dogs’ harnesses feature a reflective surface that helps you make your dog more visible in dim light. This is crucial especially for dog owners who go out on jogs at night. You can also improvise this feature by using reflective tape or reflectors. You can do this in case you found a harness that fits perfectly to your dog, yet lacks reflective surfaces.
- Secure – Even the best harness in the world becomes useless the second your dog slips out of it and darts off into the forest. To an extent, security depends upon properly adjusting and tightening the harness, but the dog harness’ design also factors into this equation as well. Always check and test the security of a harness before taking on the trail with your dog.
How to Choose the Perfect Harness for Your Dog
- Size And Age Of Your Dog – The size of your dog and their age are one of the factors that you should consider when buying a harness. For young puppies, it is advisable to use a harness that will help you control and prevent them from having injuries when they pull the harness. The size of the dog is also important. The bigger or the stronger he is, the more you should consider getting one that would give you more control.
- Waterproof Harness Or Not – Regular exercise and running outdoors with your dog means they will likely experience different types of weather. This will tell you whether or not your dog needs a waterproof harness. A waterproof harness will make it easier for you to dry. It is also less likely to build a smell compared to ones that are not.
- Leather or Nylon Dog Harness – The two types of materials that are commonly used for dog harnesses are leather or nylon. Both of which are considered as the better materials for certain reasons such as durability, comfort, and costs.
When looking for which one you should get, consider that nylon is the material that is often found in dog harnesses that are lower priced than the others. This is because nylon is easier to find and make than leather. However, nylon wears off faster than leather harnesses. Both of these materials are found to fit comfortably for most dogs. However, if your dog has more sensitive skin, it is advisable to choose a soft leather harness.
Running is an activity that your dog loves and enjoys. This is a constant source of enthusiasm and happiness for them. However, you have to keep in mind that running with your dog comes with responsibilities that you should provide. It is best to keep them comfortable and safe as they run and exercise with you.