Best Heart Rate Monitor for Running
A heart rate monitor can ease your way to achieving the body that you have always wanted, whether you are a newbie or a professional.
This gadget has the ability to track how much exercise you’re doing by giving a useful feedback that reflects how intense the level of exercises you are doing.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks:
Image Product Features View Best Price View Best Price View Best Price View Best Price View Best Price
It is a great way to safely boost a workout routine, for people who just started to get in shape, and for far more advanced fitness trainers, this device will help them determine when to push their pace.
What Is The Importance Of A Heart Rate Monitor
Heart rate monitors are greatly beneficial if you are aware of how you can use the information that it is being provided to you. Every exercise has different effects on the body. This will depend on how far you will accelerate your heart rate and for how long.
If you want to train intelligently, it is only wise to use your heart rate data as a guide to working out. Take a look at the following benefits of a heart rate monitor:
- Improve your health – Heart rate monitor can help you find and maintain the intensity of your workout routines. If you exercise to attain 30 minutes of moderate intensity 5 days a week, the device will inform you whether or not you are doing that. It can also inform you how to balance the other components of your total health and wellness, such as the hours of sleep, nutrition, exercise, etc.
- Measures your effort – The most accurate method of determining the work rate of your heart is to have a heart rate monitor. It is one of the most accurate devices that you could use to determine how much benefit you are having from your workout.
- Gives the signal to your body – A heart rate monitor will prevent you from working out too much in one single session, and from excessive training in general. A heart rate that gets higher than expected before, during or after a workout can give a signal that your body needs rest.
- Tracks your progress – You can identify and store the records of your weekly routines with a heart rate monitor. This will let you track the possible errors that you are doing and fix them. On the other hand, if you’re attaining your goals, it will reinforce that you are right on track.
- Keeps you right on track – This little device can motivate you by giving you notifications. It can push you by saying “incomplete training week” or “train a lot more”. With a continued reminder that you have to keep on track and aim your goal, you will have something to push you to keep going.
How Do Heart Rate Monitors Work?
First, calculate your estimated heart rate by deducting your age from 220. Then if you plan to do moderate intensity exercise, workout at a pace where your heart rate would be between 50 to 70% of your maximum heart rate. For high-intensity exercise, your aim will be from 70 to 85 percent of your maximum heart rate.
Evolution of Heart rate Monitor
Heart rate monitors used to be very bulky and tricky to use. They came in big devices and were complicated to navigate. But today, this gadget has adapted to the growing needs and addressed concerns of its users by becoming sleeker and more user-friendly. It now comes in different kinds. Some can strictly measure your heart rate while others are equipped with added features that can help you maximize your training and workouts.
Chest Strap vs. Optical
When finding the right Heart Rate Monitor for you, you will encounter the question on whether you should choose the classic chest strap heart rate monitor or the one that uses electrical pulse reading technology, which comes in wristbands.
Whether you plan to use the chest band or the wristband, this all depends on what your needs are and the kind of activities that you do. The chest band technology tends to be more accurate than the wristband but the wristband usually comes with more added features that can help you with your fitness routines.
The 5 Best Heart Rate Monitor for Running Reviewed
With so many great products out in the market, we have collected some great recommendations. Take a look at the following heart rate monitors and see which one best fits your activities and your needs below.
Heart rate monitors would keep you from wondering the intensity of the workout routines that you are doing. This device will help you track your activities and keep you more conscious about goals, as well as how far you want to go. Whether you plan to use a chest or wristband, a heart rate monitor will smarten up your training and exercise routines.