Best Water Bottles for Running
We don’t want to waste a second of your time. So no long intro here, what are the water bottles for running?
Continue below as we discuss the newest and best water bottles for running on the market today.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks for Best Water Bottles for Running
- Best Overall: CamelBak Quick Grip Chill Handheld water bottle
- Best Affordable: Nathan Speed-Draw Plus
- Best Handheld Water Bottle For Running: FuelBelt Helium Sprint Ergonomic Bottle
- Handheld Water Bottle Trail Running: Salomon Hydro Handset Flask
- Best Handheld Water Bottle For Ultra Running: Ultimate Direction Fast Draw 600
|View on Amazon →|
|View on Amazon →|
|View on Amazon →|
|View on Amazon →|
|View on Amazon →|
Top Best Rated Water Bottle for Running Reviewed
Figuring out what’s the best running bottle for you can be quite hard, so we’ve gathered some of the best selling water bottles to help you choose. These bottles listed below have the highest reviews on Amazon. Always consider that choosing your running water bottle is a matter of personal preference and comfort. Here are the top 10 running water bottles.
How Much Water Should You Drink
The guidelines on how to maintain good levels of hydration as you run are simple. All you have to remember is that, whenever you sweat, you need to drink water as you run. This you should be done whenever you exceed 30 minutes of exercise.
Also, whenever you are thirsty, simply drink water! In a while, the trend of hydrating whenever you are running revolves around the formula recommended. There are certain ounces of water that you should maintain on a given amount of time. The result of over-hydration leads to more serious health issues than being dehydrated. By drinking water whenever your body is telling you that you need it, you will consume the right amount of liquid that you need.
Why is Water Important?
Water brings a lot of health benefits to keep your body running smoothly. The benefits of include the following:
- Keeping the body cool
- Nutrition and Energy Replacement
- Helping the body execute many basic and critical functions
- Maintaining blood volume
To learn more about how you can replenish energy storage, here are few helpful tips that you can consider:
In usual cases, the human body can depend on its storage for 60-75 minutes of exercise without the need for liquid replacement. However, there are certain factors that could cause deviation from that given time. These factors include body weight, the intensity of the workout, and weather conditions.
While running for more than 75 minutes, you have to proactively replace your energy intake every 45 minutes. This is usually done with gels, chews or sports drinks. For instance, if you run for 90 minutes, you should consider taking a gel after 45 minutes to ensure that you won’t be drained. This is a better way of replenishing your energy rather than completing 75 minutes. At the end of 75 minutes run, your energy is already depleted.
If you do not replace your stored energy, you might suffer a runner’s nightmare that is termed as “hitting the wall”. This happens as a result of running on almost empty energy. Formally known as Central Fatigue, which happens when the brain is not having the right supply of what is needed by it to remain focused.
What is the importance of a running water bottle?
If you don’t consume water while you’re running you’ll be dehydrated. The lack of proper hydration will result to discomfort and in general poor performance. That’s where running water bottles come in very handy. With your water bottle you can hydrate yourself and you can bring it wherever you go.
You’ll need to account for water from fluid loss to replenish your body, so water should be accessible at all times. Water will enhance your strength, speed and stamina. Also water can prevent the body from overheating and low body temperature. When you`re hydrated the likelihood of muscle injury will decrease and your concentration will improve. Water will dissipate the heat and will delay fatigue when you’re running.
But carrying it might tire your hands and cause you discomfort when running. It is best to buy a running water bottle that is light and easy to carry. Which contains enough water to keep you hydrated. Not those big and bulky water bottles that will add more weight to you when you are running.
During your long runs getting water is not always easy so getting a water bottle will be convenient to you. With your running water bottle you could slurp whenever you are thirsty. You can also bring your preferred drink or nutritional fluids with you. Maintaining hydration will be easy and replace the electrolytes you have lost. If you lose too many electrolytes your performance will suffer.
Bringing a hydration system is a necessity to a runner especially during the hot summer days where they sweat and lose water in their body. They need to drink and replace as much water as they have lost. Getting a running water bottle will aid that problem and will definitely be a life saver to a runner
What to consider in a running water bottle to choose the best one for you
As in today’s world, health is a priority and the demand market for these running water bottles is increasing. This is because they are cost efficient and not expensive plus it is a necessity to every runner in the world. A running water bottle can be affordable by anyone in the society. Moreover it is available in the market areas and local vendors who supply these to the customers. You can also order a water bottle online. there are lots of available running water bottles on the internet. Hence its affordability and availability makes it another advantage. Water bottles also come in vibrant colors and fancy designs which makes them interesting and attractive in today’s market. In today’s world it`s all about trends and being trendy is a fashion for today’s youth.
The ideal running water bottle should be easy to carry and must be comfortable while on a long run. It’s also recommended that water bottles should have pockets for storing your essentials. The most important feature is that the capacity of the running water bottle must be enough to keep you hydrated while running. There are so many brands of water bottles that hit the top of the market. Among all, there are a few brands that people find very efficient to use and are worth the penny. To help you choose the best running water bottle, here are some points you should consider:
- Size – How much water do you want to carry on your running trails is the first thing that pops in your mind. Running water bottle ranges from 16-32 ounces, but if you are going for a long run, you’re going to need a larger capacity bottle. How strong are you? These bottles can feel heavy, especially handheld bottles. You need to consider how long you could carry its weight because carrying it for hours may cramp your hands.
- Comfort – It is recommended that you buy the running water bottle that is easy to use. Some water bottles may be comfortable at first, but some are annoying if they are carried for hours. It should not affect your running performance.
- Easy to use – Your chosen running water bottle must be easy to use so that you won’t have a hard time accessing your water bottle whenever you’re thirsty. Washing it should not be hard, and neither should opening and refilling it be difficult.
- Shape – You also need to consider the shape of the water bottle you are going to buy. It should be slender so you can have a good grip on the bottle. Much better if the water bottles have a finger identification designed to its body. With that you’ll have a great grip and it won’t slip through your hands while you’re running.
- Materials – When running you want to carry as little weight as possible. That is the reason that running water bottles are made of plastic. But, some plastics contain a chemical called bisphenol A (BPA) which can affect your health, so the water bottle must be BPA-free. Running water bottles nowadays are BPA-free so you don’t have to worry. If you prefer the water to be cold, especially during the hot summer days, taking a metal bottle with thermos flask effect is the best for you. But holding it in your hard might be difficult, so we recommend to go with something lighter.
Whether you are looking for a water bottle with a lot of storage, or want a more compact one, there are a lot of options available for you to choose from. Before making your next purchase, it is best to consider which one is best from up above and try that out. Not every bottle in the list may suit your need but it will definitely help to be aware.