Best Sunglasses For Running
This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Running in broad daylight is strenuous for your eyes and can be very harmful if you don’t do anything about it. Some of you may even have vision problems later on in life if you don’t choose to protect your eyes. If you are curious to explore the best running sunglasses, then you should first know the benefits of wearing running sunglasses.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks for Best Sunglasses For Running
- Best Overall: PAERDE Men’s Sports Style Polarized Sunglasses
- Best Running Sunglasses For Small Faces: TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses With 5 Interchangeable Lens
- Best Anti Fog Sunglasses For Running: Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- Best Cheap Running Sunglasses: goodr RUNNING SUNGLASSES – No Slip, No Bounce, UV Polarized
- Best Running Sunglasses For Women: Cycling Triathlon Running Clothing Xloop Sunglasses 4651
Best Rated Sunglasses For Running Reviewed
Now that you know about the manifold benefits of running with sunglasses on and how to choose them, you may want to buy one. Not everyone has the same needs while running and so you need to figure out your specific needs and find something that fits into it. For that reason, we list some great suggestions down below.
PAERDE Men's Sports Style Polarized Sunglasses
This pair of sunglasses is available in five lens tint variations along with different frame colors to choose from. The lenses are polarized which provides protection from UVA and UVB rays while blocking visual glare. Its frame is made of aluminum-magnesium metal alloy which makes the frame both durable and light-weight. Furthermore, the frame of this product adapts to your face for a better fit and has an adjustable nose pad. This pair of sunglasses is fashionable and also functional. It enhances your look while protecting your eyes.
- Comes with various useful accessories
- Has good packaging
- Very light-weight
- Does not have a good fit to the face
- A few people say it is not very durable
TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses With 5 Interchangeable Lens
This pair of sunglasses comes in eight lens tint variations along with different frame colors that you can choose from. Each purchase comes with five interchangeable lenses that have UV protection coating and have varying tints for different weather conditions. The frame is designed to look stylish and is light-weight, durable and unbreakable. It also has a soft rubber nose pad that allows the sunglasses to stay secure on your face. Furthermore, this product comes with a warranty on the frame and lenses to ensure that you get the best quality possible.
- Fits very well
- Provides enough ventilation
- Lenses are easy to replace
- Not very durable
- Sometimes uncomfortable
Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses
This pair of sunglasses comes in twelve lens color variations. This has an improved structure as it has been upgraded using customer feedbacks that the company received. The frame is of a stronger German polycarbonate material and the lenses are now Japan-made 7 layers TAC polarized lenses. Due to the customer feedback, this product is now more durable while still being stylish and light-weight. It also has a warranty on the frame and lenses which enables you to replace defective products easily.
- Comes with accessories for maintenance
- Has a comfortable fit
- Excellent polarization
- Lenses are prone to crystallize
- There is some distortion
goodr RUNNING SUNGLASSES - No Slip, No Bounce, UV Polarized
This pair of sunglasses has a plastic frame and has an anti-reflective lens that is polarized. The polarization of lenses allows for a better vision in broad daylight. Moreover, it has a special coating on the frame that prevents it from slipping when it comes in contact with sweat. Additionally, it has a snug fit that prevents the sunglasses from falling down. It is also very light-weight, which makes it more comfortable.
- Has a good fit
- Very affordable
- The shoe is quite light-weight
- Not super durable
- Feels cheap for its price
Cycling Triathlon Running Clothing Xloop Sunglasses 4651
This pair of sunglasses has five design variations that you can choose from. The lenses reduce glare from the sun which can benefit you as it protects you from an unnecessary strain. The frame is made to resist high impact, which makes these sunglasses very durable. Furthermore, it is of plastic material, thus making it very light-weight. The width of the lens is only two inches, and this is wide enough to allow protection for most face types.
- It is quite light-weight
- Very stylish
- Has ideal tightness
- Some say that it feels cheap
- Tint saturation is different from those advertised
HODGSON Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Women Men Sport Fashion Glasses
This pair of sunglasses come in five different frame designs that you can choose from. The smart TAC Gradient lenses are polarized and keep your eyes protected under various conditions. These sunglasses are very light-weight which allows more comfort without sacrificing on its durability as it is made of TR90. Furthermore, it has some other useful features like anti-fog and water-resistance which can be useful when you go running in cold and damp weather conditions.
- Has impressive packaging
- Very comfortable
- Lens tint is effective in enhancing vision
- Lenses have a tendency to delaminate
- Not very flexible
Torege Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Men & Women
This pair of sunglasses come in ten frame design variations that you may choose from. It features four interchangeable lenses that allow for greater vision under various conditions. Furthermore, the lenses are clear. The frame is very light-weight and stylish without sacrificing durability. It has a soft rubber nose pad that you can use to let the sunglasses fit on your face. Moreover, it has a lifetime warranty on the frame which allows you to replace them without any additional charges.
- Interchangeable lenses are of great quality
- Very versatile
- Quite stylish
- Not very durable
- Lenses sometimes do not fit the frame
O2O Tac Polarized Sports Sunglasses UV400 Protection
This pair of sunglasses come in seven different lens tints with different frame designs that you can freely choose from. It is light-weight, which allows you more comfort when. The lenses are polarized and protect your eyes from UV rays while blocking glare for enhanced vision. Furthermore, these sunglasses are scratch-proof, impact-proof which makes it durable, and has anti-fog features that prevent the fog from obstructing your vision. The frame also comes with soft inserts and a nose pad which gives you a better fit when worn.
- The shoe is very light-weight
- Considerably sturdy
- Very durable
- Frame design can obstruct peripheral vision
- Not very durable
Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses
This pair of sunglasses comes in six lens tint colors and frame designs. It is versatile. So, you may use it for running and other sports too. Furthermore, the frame is of a flexible composite material which makes it durable. The HD polarized lenses filter out 99% of the glare to help you see better under harsh sunlight. These sunglasses are also from super-light materials, which makes it very light-weight. This property consequently allows for more comfort when you are wearing them.
- Has affordable pricing
- Very stylish
- It is comfortable
- Not very durable
- Lenses may chip-off when it comes in contact with water
O2O Tac Polarized Sports Sunglasses Tr90 Frame
This pair of sunglasses comes in seven lens tint variations and frame designs to choose from. It is very light-weight as it only weighs around 0.7 ounces. As a result, this ensures more comfort. Furthermore, it is a snug fit that allows security during sports activities. The TAC polarized lenses in this product block UV rays and eliminates glare from your vision. Moreover, the lenses are also scratch-proof, impact-proof and have other features like anti-fog properties. This makes it durable and resistant to moisture. Also, the non-slipping frame is unbreakable and has soft inserts that allow for a secure fit.
- Very secure on the face
- Has great polarization
- Lenses are really scratch-proof
- Has poor earpiece quality
- Can be very uncomfortable
Choosing the Right Sunglasses for You
Running sunglasses come with a variety of features and designs that may help you run better, but only if you choose them wisely. This is because everyone has their specific needs when it comes to running, and sunglasses makers simply cater to these. If you have an idea on what to buy but do not know how to choose, this will help you.
- Lens Tints and Coatings – The lenses of running sunglasses will make or break its performance. These lenses come in a variety of tints and coatings which can help to depend on what you pick. Here is a list of some tints and their functions.
- Polarized Tints – This kind of tint reduces glare and improves visual clarity.
- Mirror Coating – Mirror coatings can help deflect the light back to the source and keep it away from the eyes to reduce glare. This coating is exceptionally helpful when you are running under sunny conditions.
- Clear Lenses – Clear lenses may not help in preventing UVA/UVB rays, but they do help in preventing your eyes from drying. These also help in shielding your eyes from the wind.
- Yellow Tints – These tints help enhance your vision by blocking out blue light. Yellow tints are best used on cloudy days or in low-light conditions.
- Dark Tints – Dark tints can help sharpen your vision when it comes to your surroundings. These are best used during sunny days because they help enhance the contrast, something that is not possible with other lenses.
- Ventilation – Running sunglasses should be snug enough to fit your face without restricting airflow to the eyes. If you do not have anti-fog features on your sunglasses, you should opt for looser ones. Even so, your eyes will need to take in air to maintain its temperature and to reduce strain from body heat.
- Anti-Fog Composition– These help you block fog that can develop on the lens of your sunglasses when you run early in the morning or late in the evening.
- Scratch Resistance – Scratches may seem harmless at first, but they obstruct your vision and weaken your sunglasses. The anti-scratch technology helps in promoting the durability of your sunglasses.
- Adjustable Nose Pads – Not every person’s nose can fit a universal nose pad as noses are made differently and the wrong kind can become uncomfortable. Nose pads can help provide more comfort and create a better fit for your eyes while providing appropriate vision.
- Interchangeable Lenses – This kind of feature is more cost-effective as it provides more options that you can choose from. You may benefit from different lenses if you have interchangeable lenses, which allows you to run under various conditions.
- Lightweight Frames – Heavy frames usually constructed to be durable may not be as comfortable as their light-weight counterparts. These lighter frames give added comfort by making you feel as if the sunglasses are a part of your face.
Benefits of Running Sunglasses
Although sunglasses may seem like a small accessory that you can do without, there will be times when you will find need them – especially on those hot, sunny days. Some people may say that it is not necessary, but we believe that is the wrong way to look at it. Below are the many benefits to wearing running sunglasses.
- UV Ray Protection – One of the most common reasons why you should buy running sunglasses is obviously the sun. Unless you always run at night, you run the risk of potentially injuring your eyes by constantly exposing them to broad daylight. Running sunglasses are not for aesthetics only. If you find that you have a sensitive vision, you should buy a pair since they will help prevent visual impairment. As a matter of fact, if you care for your eyes, this reason should be good enough.
- Prevents Future Eye Issues – Cataracts, wrinkles, and pinguecula are some of the conditions that are most common as you age. These are usually from the sun’s rays. Sunglasses help prevent these illnesses if you are still young. Not only are you avoiding accidents and injuries at that moment, but you steer clear of potential diseases for the future.
- Prevents Poor Posture – It may seem like a stretch, but running with sunglasses helps you have a better posture. If you find yourself squinting at the road while you are running, the body also unconsciously reacts negatively. This is because the muscles of your face connect to other parts of the body. Squinting makes the body strain itself. If you have running sunglasses, you are allowing your body to relax and retain a better posture and gait.
- Improves Vision – This is the main reason to get yourself a pair of running sunglasses. Improved vision is essential for any runner as this helps you see where you are going. Sometimes, running sunglasses also have special features that help you distinguish objects from one another, such as color filters.
In summary, protecting your eyes should be of top priority. They are your window to the world. Therefore, to ensure the utmost protection, use any of the items above. Having these features laid-out for you allows you to analyze whether these are what you need. This list is a guide and not necessarily the absolute way to go. Just make sure to do your research before making that purchase. Otherwise, you may end up hurting your eyes in the long term and regret it later.