Best Compression Calf Sleeves For Running
This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As a runner, you might have suffered injuries such as shin splints, muscle cramps, soreness or fatigue. Most of these symptoms might have occurred due to continuous use of your calf muscle that vigorously moved during your running session.
Scientific research shows that you can use a compression sleeve and resolve many of these issues by applying an optimal level of consistent compression to your muscles. This is where using a compression sleeves for running can help.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks for Best Compression Calf Sleeves For Running
- Best Overall: Run Forever Sports-Calf Compression Sleeve
- Best Compression Calf Sleeves For Running: Blitzu Calf Compression Sleeve
- Best Affordable: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves
- Best for Beginners: Rymora Calf Compression Sleeves for Men and Women
- Best for Men: 2XU Compression Calf Guards
IMAGE PRODUCT DETAILS View on Amazon → View on Amazon → View on Amazon → View on Amazon → View on Amazon →
Best Rated Compression Sleeves for Running Reviewed
Let us explore a few options that can give you an idea what is trending in the market and is preferred by others.
Understanding More About Compression Sleeves
Sometimes people get confused between a compression sleeve and a compression sock, wondering what the main difference between the two is. To put things in simple terms they are similar in terms of applying graduated compression to your muscle but differ in terms of the coverage they provide. The compression sleeve covers your calf muscle while a compression sock will also cover your foot. Many runners prefer to use a sleeve as they provide more flexibility while they are practicing.
Why Do Runners Wear a Compression Sleeve?
The most obvious benefits of wearing a compression sleeve are to recover from an injury or to avoid future injuries. But there are some added benefits due to which runners normally use a compression sleeve.
- Recovery – The improved blood circulation is one of the most important factors that reduce muscle soreness and helps in speedy recovery from a previous injury. Hence, runners who have suffered an injury but want to continue with their training/practice tend to use compression sleeves.
- Protection – Compression sleeves not only protect runners from injury but also acts as a mini-shield for them as it provides protection to their skin against small cuts, bruises or scratches. Some advanced sleeves are even able to protect you against UV rays.
- Enhanced Performance – Runners use this because it reduces muscle moment while they are working out. The sleeve also speeds up the blood circulation back towards the heart, supplying more oxygen to the muscle and thus clearing away deoxygenated blood from the muscles. The increased supply of oxygen causes a tremendous improvement in runners’ performance.
- Swelling – When running for long hours runners normally end up with swollen muscles. Hence, they tend to use compression sleeves to limit the soreness and swelling.
- Regulate Body Temperature – Whether it is summers or winters, wearing compression sleeves help to regulate body temperature. This sleeve can be providing the warmth on a windy day during summers when runners want to wear shorts instead of full-length pants.
A Word of Caution
As mentioned there are many benefits of using a compression sleeve. However, there is a need to take some precautionary measures. Firstly, if you intend to use a compression sleeve because of an injury then make sure to consult your physician to avoid any complications. Secondly, avoid wearing these sleeves for more than intended hours. If a wrong size sleeve is worn for an extended period, then there is a risk of developing a severe medical condition.
How to Buy a Compression Sleeve
There are a variety of compression sleeves available in the market with varying styles, designs and functionality but in order to buy the right thing you may need to consider following things:
- Fit – The sleeve should fit perfectly. If it is too tight it will be very uncomfortable to wear it and if too lose it will not provide enough compression and thus will be useless. Sleeves that are designed for men or women are more likely to have better shape and fit as compared to compared unisex sleeves.
- Material – As you would be involved in an intense workout while weaning these sleeves, make sure to look for fabric that wicks away moisture and keeps you dry.
- Seamless Knit – As the compressed sleeve hold tightly on the body having a sleeve that has seamless knit is optimal to make it wearable and more comfortable.
- Refund Policy – One of the most important features is the ability to exchange or ask for a refund on these sleeves. This factor is important because if the sleeve does not fit perfectly you can exchange it for a size that is more suitable for you.
- Color – This factor is not a deal breaker, but you may still want to select colors that are more suitable for outdoor activities. Thus, instead of buying pure white, bright colors might be a better idea.
In this article, we have listed the most famous compression sleeves that can be purchased easily. However, as every brand has different sizes and level of compression strength available. What suits you may or may not suit your friend. Depending on your requirements and calf size, you can select any of these best available options. However, while making your purchase always keep two things in mind (as we mentioned above). Firstly, consult your doctor if you are using a sleeve for an injury. Secondly, if you continue to feel uncomfortable or in pain even after using a compression sleeve kindly consult your physician.