Best MP3 Players for Running
One of the best motivations to help you sustain your rhythm and energy while working out is listening to music. It keeps you going, keeps you upbeat, and makes working out a lot more enjoyable.
Sure you can use your smartphones while working out, but this tends to be bulky and distracting.
This is a reason why most people who love to workout prefer to have an MP3 player with them.
Not only is it handy, but it also is lightweight and requires less effort to control.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks:
Image Product Features View Best Price View Best Price View Best Price View Best Price View Best Price
Best Rated MP3 Players for Running Reviewed
There are a lot of MP3 players you can choose from but looking for the one that is best for running and exercising can be hard.
After considering all these factors that we have mentioned above, we have rounded up the best MP3 player for running that may be some great suggestions down below.
Factors To Look For an MP3
- Size – For running, it is ideal to choose an MP3 player that is small and lightweight. A small and light-weight MP3 player makes it ideal for exercise. It minimizes the chances of making it destructing as you do your exercise routines. Although you can resort to a larger MP3 that you can strap around your arm, the smaller the MP3 is the better.
- Buttons – MP3 with physical buttons is advisable when you are looking for an MP3 that you want to use while running or exercising. Touchscreens MP3 can be hard to operate while you are exercising. Not only that it will require you to look at the screen to make it work, it also does not work well with sweaty hands or with gloves.
- Storage Capacity – MP3 players may be small, but its capacity is more than what you need. Even a 2Gb MP3 player can contain a good 14 hours of music. There are also some varieties with larger storage that you can choose to contain more music that you can use over time.
- Battery Life – The usual battery life of an MP3 player lasts for over 12 hours. This battery life is long enough to endure 3 days of working out for four hours!
- User Interface – MP3 players with a good user interface make it easier to connect, store, and transfer music that you want. There are a lot of MP3 players in the market that could be ideal for running, but often times their user interface is awful and dreadful for their users. This is a reason why Apple iPod was a success because their user interface works a lot better than the other MP3 players available in the market.
- Waterproof – Waterproof MP3 players can be a bit pricey, but this feature makes your worries at bay. You can run with music rain or shine if your MP3 player is waterproof. A waterproof MP3 player also allows you to play music while doing laps on the pool or doing your swimming exercises.
- Sound quality – The sound quality of the MP3 player makes relatively little difference compared with the sound quality of the headphones. I have some recommended Headphones for Running that have far better sound quality than the standard earbuds.
- Bluetooth – The idea of not having wires to get in the way while you are running might sound amazing, but wireless headphones have their downside. To pair the headphone with your MP3 player can be a hassle. It also tends to drain your MP3 player’s battery faster than using the usual headphone.
When you are looking for an MP3 player for running, it is best to consider the size of the device, its durability, the easily accessible clip or strap, button placement, and good battery life.
Music is a great way to kick-start your workout routine and keeps you pumped as you go through it.
It is only a must to find the best MP3 player that would help keep you going and would help you achieve that body you want to have.