Best Under Armour Running Shoes
This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Every experienced runner knows what to look out for in running shoes – and where to look. No matter how much you love running, using the wrong pair of shoes could make you feel so miserable.
It is important to go for a tested and trusted the brand, then choose from their variety of quality shoes. Under Armour comes highly recommended for runners of all ages, foot sizes, and running-terrain preference.
Under Armour has been in the running shoe business for a long while – since 2006. They make different high-quality technical shoes to meet the needs of different runners and terrains. Many people know them for the quality, innovativeness, designs, and affordability of running shoes.
Their shoes have provide runners with comfort, speed, ground-feel, support, stability, protection, flexibility, lightweight, and so much more. Unlike other brands that stick to one design all through out, the Under Armour brand tries out several innovative designs across their career.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks for Best Under Armour Running Shoes
- Best Overall: Under Armour Micro G Assert 6
- Best Affordable: Under Armour Speedform Apollo 2
- Best Premium Choice: Under Armour SpeedForm Slingride TRI
- Best for Men: Under Armour Charged Bandit 3
- Best for Women: Under Armour Speedform Slingshot
Best Rated Under Armour Running Shoes Reviewed
Every good runner knows what a good running shoe should feel like. The first thing to do when you get a new running shoe is to take it on a test-run. This test is to give you a feel of all you require in your running shoes. Under Armour running, shoes offer varieties to pick from with features you will love instantly. We have recommended some of the best for you to pick from.
Under Armour Micro G Assert 6
This Under Armour running shoe is made from Textile and synthetic. Its rubber sole offers very good traction in all the high impact zones and offers both durability and lightweight. Its shaft measures about low top from the arch which is good enough for most arch types.
You are assured of an explosive takeoff from the well-cushioned Full-length Micro G foam and very good stability from the lock fit that the midfoot leather overlays provide. For the comfort and a perfect fit, the shoe has an integrated full-length EVA sock liner. The soft breathable mesh lies on a very light and supportive form keeping your feet dry, cool, ventilated and comfortable.
- Visually appealing
- Offers great support
- Offers very good traction in all the high impact zones
- Comfortable & Lightweight
- It is narrow for people with wide feet
- Needs better arch support
- Not very durable upper stitching
Under Armour Speedform Apollo 2
This Under Armour running shoe is made from synthetic and mesh. Its shaft measures about 2.4” from the arch and it has a reinforced arch that offers glove-like fit as well as foot guidance. The seaming of this shoe is done with smooth, ultrasonic and welded Bemis tape to offer the feet very good support. The upper mesh is well-perforated to allow breathability and the seal is ultrasonic to offer durability. Moreover, the heel has a dual-layer cushioning provided by Charged Cushioning and Micro G foam and for a lock-down fit and additional comfort. Its rubber outsole is also both anatomical and durable.
- Very comfortable
- Extra light
- Good traction
- Poorly cushioned
- Runs small
Under Armour SpeedForm Slingride TRI
This Under Armour running shoe is made of textile, EVA, and rubber. For younger athletes, this shoe provides great toe and heel overlays to improve stability and durability. The laces on this shoe are stretch bungees while the strap closure is adjustable. Therefore, you will get a very lightweight and responsive ride from the soft foam midsole.
Furthermore, there will be no more odors emitting from your shoes because there is anti-odor technology in the foot-bed. Also, increased ventilation will come from the very breathable mesh upper. As a result, this shoe guarantees stability, durability, lightweight and breathability.
- Made of soft and pliable materials
- Very breathable
- Great lacing system
- Super cute
- A bit narrow
- Run a bit small
- Water gets through the toe box very easily
Under Armour Charged Bandit 3
This Under Armour running shoe is made of a durable rubber sole and a snug-fit Anti-microbial Ortholite sockliner. It is highly responsive, comfortable and durable with optimal cushioning that the midsole provides. This midsole has a dual-layer Charged Cushioning.
In addtion, the heel counter of this shoe is firm enough for a secure lock-fit. The high impact zones of the outsole are fully covered with very durable and lightweight rubber. Not only is this shoe very lightweight and flexible, it also offers very good energy return.
- Heel and fabric are very flexible
- Great for people with wide feet
- Has reflective details
- Very durable
- Runs too small
- For some users, the stretchy fabric does not give enough structural support
Under Armour Speedform Slingshot
This Under Armour running shoe is made of synthetic materials. The shoe offers a very efficient Dyneema fiber with an SD knit upper for exceptional flexibility and durability. It also uses an Under Armour SpeedForm technology to give a firmly secured grip while running. As with most UA running shoes, Slingshot has a dual-layer midsole that is made up of Micro Gfoam and Charged Cushioning. As a result, there is excellent responsiveness and cushioning.
In addition, for greater uniqueness, the Slingshot gives you a quicker heel to toe transition using a seamless asymmetric zonal compression technology. Thus, your feet is well-guided and enjoys a snug fit from the burrito tongue feature.
- Very durable
- Great for minimalist racing
- Absorbs shock very well
- Does not provide enough support at the ankles
- Quite pricey
Under Armour Threadborne Slingflex
This Under Armour running shoe is made from fabric and synthetic. It offers a very efficient Dyneema fiber with an SD knit upper for exceptional flexibility and durability. The Micro G sockliner is removable. It molds well enough to the shape of your foot and gives you perfect fit-comfort.
The shaft measures about low top from the arch and offers very good arch support. There is additional support in the two-piece charged cushioning system, and a well-attached, well-cushioned mesh tongue. Moreover, there is also an internal heel counter. This provides you with good protection and structural support.
As is the case with most UA running shoes, the high impact zones of the outsole have very durable and lightweight rubber. One of the most distinguishing features of this shoe is the breathable thread borne upper with its compression-like fit. It provides lightweight and directional strength to the runner.
- Very lightweight
- Conform well to the foot
- Great shock absorber
- Not quite durable toe area
- Does not provide enough arch support
- Quite small
This Under Armour running shoe is of from synthetic materials. Its upper is of very durable, breathable and protective PU, textile materials. With a molded collar foam and full-length EVA midsole, this shoe provides your upper and midsole with optimal cushioning and comfort.
Under Armour constructs the heel with a dual protective and welded mesh. The charged cushioning foam puck provides your heel with responsive comfort. Furthermore, the synthetic material welds into different areas of this shoe to ensure durability. Its sole is also made of durable rubber lugs. Chis is for good traction on different surfaces. In the end, this shoe has durability in mind.
- Very good cushioning
- Offers great traction on rugged but dry terrain
- Very durable
- Offers lot of support
- Runs very small and narrow (not good for people with wide feet)
- Stinks after a while
- Does not offer good traction on wet surfaces
This Under Armour running shoe is of textile and synthetic materials. The shaft of this shoe measures about low-top from the arch with a high abrasion rubber sole that provides good traction and durability.
The midsole is made with well-cushioned EVA to deliver very lightweight and responsive ride. The shoe also uses Full-length EVA for the sock liner to give a custom fit and good comfort.
Furthermore, there is a webbing built into the shoe to add structure and support. Unlike most running shoes, this one has an upper that is a combination of durable leather and breathable, ripstop textile. All in all, this shoe is very sturdy and breathable.
- Offers nice traction
- The sole has a great grip pattern and does not collect gravel
- Runs small and narrow (not good for people with wide feet)
- Has a foul smell
- Wears out quickly
Under Armour Charged Rebel
Under Armour makes this running shoe from textile and synthetic. It has a well-engineered and lightweight mesh upper that is very breathable, and a shaft that measures about 2.75” from the arch. The outsole is of rubber and gives you great ground feel, as well as traction. Also, there is deep flex grooves inside of the outsole for better flexibility.
Furthermore, your footbed enjoys the Molded Micro G that molds to your foot’s shape and give you a secure fit. The Coreshort midfoot panels provide more security and support for your feet. Moreover, your midsole will enjoy a nice blend of comfort and support from the Dual-layer Charged Cushioning that this shoe has integrated into its system.
- Offers great support
- Does not offer enough arch support
- Does not offer good traction on wet surfaces
Under Armour Women's Speedform Fortis Running Shoes
This Under Armour running shoe is of synthetic materials. The seaming is done Bemis tape and is smooth, ultrasonic and well-welded. For a well-secured and anatomical fit, this shoe features an innovative UA SpeedForm technology, an adjustable lock down heel strap, as well as a seamless heel cup with a silicone grip.
Furthermore, there is an excellently breathable ArmourVent mesh upper. It is of very durable, lightweight, stretchy and fast-drying jacquard-knit material. It is also one of the most unique features of this shoe.
- Very lightweight
- Great fit – does not require breaking-in
- Made of good stretchy material
- Does not absorb impact well on cement
- Not durable
Features of the Best Under Armour Running Shoes
The way your body, especially your feet, reacts to this shoe during and after the test should also be put into consideration to ensure you pick the best. Here are some of the features Under Armour running shoes provide.
- Exceptional Comfort – Comfort is the basic requirement of any runner and this is what many people know Under Armour for. Many Under Armour running shoes use EVA lining, Charged Cushioning and Micro G foam for cushioning and support. Customers describe these shoes as ‘comfy’ and their cushioning is always adequate.
- Outstanding Support – The support provided by Under Armour is often from the midsole, insole, and outsole. Moreover, the support enhances speed, efficiency, and stability.
- Excellent Breathability – It is very important for your feet to breathe well while you are running. Breathability will ensure your feet stay dry and cool. Also, sweaty feet could be very difficult to run in and cause your feet to smell. Engineered and ArmourVent mesh are some of the systems that Under Armour uses to provide breathability.
- Flexibility – Dyneema fiber and synthetic mesh are some of the systems Under Armour used for flexibility. They make flexible shoes that will mold to the shape of your foot.
- Weight – Lightweight is still very important for runners. All the features combined are always lightweight for the runner. Lightweight has the advantage of speed which every runner needs.
- Durability – Under Armour running shoes are made of very high-quality materials. Nothing lasts forever but you will have many miles on Under Armour shoes before thinking of getting a new pair.
- Give Good Traction – Traction is provided by the outsole. The kind of outsole you have will determine the kind of traction you will enjoy. Different shoes are made for different surfaces or terrains. Under Armour running, shoes offer the best traction in every terrain.
- Enhanced Performance – The performance provided by Under Armour running shoes are always the best. Their advanced technology and innovativeness ensure you have optimum performance while running.
In conclusion, Under Armour shoes are for comfort lovers. As an experienced runner, you know what you need in a running shoe. Therefore, all you need to do is take time to go through the shoes we recommend above because they are all choices that are worth considering.