Best adidas Running Shoes
This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Adidas is one of the best-known brands of shoes in the market today, particularly when it comes to sports. This is because they are known for their durability and comfort that they provide, along with promotion from celebrities and sports stars. Adidas is most commonly known for their basketball shoes, but also have reputable shoes that you may use for an everyday run.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks for Best Adidas Running Shoes
- Best Overall: adidas Women’s Energy Cloud V Running Shoe
- Best Affordable: adidas Men’s Swift Running Shoe
- Best adidas Running Shoes for Men: adidas Men’s Energy Cloud WTC m Running Shoe
- Best adidas Running Shoes for Women: adidas Women’s Lite Racer w/ Running Shoe
- Best adidas Running Shoes for Pronation: adidas Women’s Cloudfoam QT Racer Running Shoe
Best Rated adidas Running Shoes Reviewed
Adidas running shoes are fashionable and functional. Most people think that most Adidas running shoes are the best when it comes to their needs because they think that the brand can deliver, however you should not be swayed at the branding alone. Instead look at functionality and comfort.
Here are some of the best Adidas running shoes that Adidas can offer, which tops function over fashion.
adidas Women's Energy Cloud V Running Shoe
This product is from synthetic materials and textile. Unlike most running shoes, this product has a sole that is also from synthetic materials, which makes the shoe lightweight. The shaft measures approximately low-top from the arch, which allows the user to become more mobile in terms of movement.
The upper composition of this shoe which is from a textile that is breathable, which allows the user’s feet to stay cool and dry. Moreover, this product features a supportive cage that wraps around the feet of the user around the midfoot in order to allow for a more locked-down fit.
- Soft to wear
- Very breathable
- Size is bigger than expected
- Offers little support
adidas Men's Swift Running Shoe
This product is available in 21 varying color designs and sizes up to 14 inches. It is made from textile and has a rubber sole. The shaft measures approximately mid-top from the arch, which is the perfect compromise between stability and mobility. It has a sock-like fit which allows the user to feel more secure with the shoe.
The textile lining of the shoe makes the shoe comfortable as it is lightweight. It also features an injection-molded EVA midsole in order to have a lightweight cushioning. The knit upper with embroidery on vamp makes the shoe more stylish while looking very subtle.
- Has extra toe room
- Very comfortable
- Great quality for its pricing
- Lace loops may tend to break and collapse
- Tongue of the shoe is not very durable
adidas Men's Energy Cloud WTC m Running Shoe
This product is available in 6 color designs and sizes up to 15 inches. Its material is made of mesh and it has a rubber sole. The shaft measures approximately low-top from the arch, making the foot more mobile as compared to other shoes while it is worn. It features the Cloudfoam midsole which allows for more comfort and better cushioning.
It has a supportive cage that wraps around the midfoot of the wearer to allow a more locked-down fit. The ADIWEAR outsole offers extreme durability, as well as the mesh material that makes up the upper structure of the shoe, without having to sacrifice the light weight of the shoe.
- Well constructed
- Very comfortable
- Runs a little smaller than expected
- Not slip resistant
adidas Women's Lite Racer w/ Running Shoe
This product is available in 12 color designs and sizes that go up to 11 inches. This product is of both mesh and synthetic leather, and it has a rubber sole. The shaft measures approximately low-top from the arch, allowing the wearer to have more mobility as compared to other brands.
The mesh material of the shoe offers breathability without sacrificing the style of the shoe, which is a honeycomb look. Moreover, the synthetic leather makes up the three stripe logo of the shoe, while the textile material of the shoe comprises the rest of the shoe, which allows comfort. It features the Cloudfoam sock liner which allows for comfort and lightweight cushioning.
- Indoor and outdoors use
- Wide variety of sizes
- Soles of the shoe are hard
- The shoe is prone to tearing
adidas Women's Cloudfoam QT Racer Running Shoe
This product is available in 4 color design variations and sizes that go up to 11 inches. It is made up of textile and synthetic materials and has a rubber sole. The Cloudfoam MEMORY sock liner allows the user to feel superior comfort as it molds to the shape of the foot.
It also features the Cloudfoam midsole and outsole which allows for more step-in comfort and better cushioning than other brands. The heel patch of this shoe is made up of synthetic leather. This shoe is made into a streamlined shape which conforms to most women’s feet sizes and shapes. This product is finished with seamless three-stripes which complete the look of the traditional Adidas brand.
- Flexible mesh upper
- Good motion control support
- Excellent design
- Toes may separate from the fabric
- Offers no arch support
adidas Men's Cosmic 2 Sl M Running Shoe
This product is available in 11 color design variations and sizes that run up to 15 inches. It is made up of synthetic materials and has a rubber sole. The shaft measures approximately low-top from the arch. The mesh exterior makes for a seamless design that has a marble-like appearance, and its neck is very comfortable.
The Ortholite insole adds comfort to the wearer by ensuring that the foot stays dry and cool while it is inside the shoe. It also features the Fitcounter molded heel reinforcement that allows for a natural fit and protects the Achilles heel without sacrificing mobility. The Adiwear sole provides strength and durability to the shoe.
- Good traction
- good weight balance
- Good quality for its price
- Runs narrower than other brands
- Fabric toes may possibly rip
adidas Women's Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe
This product is available in 8 design variations and sizes that go up to 11 inches. It is made up of textile materials and has a rubber sole. Also, the shaft measures approximately low-top from the arch, which allows for better mobility than other brands of running shoes.
The textile lining of the shoe allows for better comfort and allows the feet to breathe as well. The Cloudfoam MEMORY sock liner molds into the foot which allows for better in-step comfort.
- Flexible sole unit
- No need to break in the shoe
- Good casual styling
- Laces only serve as a sort of decoration
- Has no arch support
adidas Neo Men's Cloudfoam Race Running Shoe
This product is available in 6 various designs and sizes that go up to 13 inches. It is made up of knit materials and synthetic leather while having rubber making up its sole. The knit material is breathable, which allows for better comfort for your feet. The shaft measures low-top from the arch, which allows better mobility for the wearer as compared to other brands.
It features the Cloudfoam sock liner, which further allows comfort for the wearer as it conforms to the shape of the feet, without having to sacrifice the light weight of the shoe.
- Has lots of cushioning
- Offers great support
- Super stylish
- Not a good fit for wide feet
- A few people say the top fabric tends to rip apart
Adidas Men's Cf Lite Racer Running Shoe
This product is available in 8 colors and sizes up to 14 inches. It is made up of textile and synthetic materials and has a rubber sole. The shaft measures approximately as low-top from the arch, which allows for better mobility at the ankle area. The mesh and mélange upper material provides breathability for the wearer’s feet and provides a standout look.
It has a seamless three stripe logo and a woven tongue label that gives the shoe a classic look. Moreover, it has a textile lining that allows for comfort, and a TPU heel which provides enhanced stability.
- Well constructed
- Offers good traction
- Not consistent with the sizing
- Tends to look puffier than advertised
Adidas Women's Cloudfoam Ultimate Running Shoe
This product offers 6 design variations and sizes that go up to 11 inches. It is made up of textile and synthetic materials, and the sole is made up of synthetic materials as well. The shaft measures as approximately low-top from the arch. The perforated heel cap has the brand watermark, which not only protects the heel from damage but also makes for a stylish look.
Moreover, it has a breathable textile lining which allows the wearer’s feet to stay dry and cool in order to stay comfortable. The Cloudfoam midsole enhances the comfort without having to sacrifice the light weight of the shoe.
- Soft lining
- Stylish for everyday use
- Easy to clean
- Tends to be bigger than expected
- Support is not adequate
Key Considerations When Buying a Good Running Shoe
There are different things that make up a good shoe, such as fit and durability. Sometimes it is enough for some buyers to buy shoes that are good enough, but there is more to what makes a great shoe, especially for running. Here are the things you should know.
- Ride – This is the overall construction of the shoe and how it feels when you are wearing it and when you are running. The different designs and structures can affect the feel and speed of your gait cycle transition along with the position of your foot when it hits the ground. Generally, you should look for a shoe that has ample support and allows you to run naturally, if not a shoe that enhances your gait cycle.
- Weight – The weight of the shoe affects your ability to keep up with others during a long run, which is why most of the time people look for shoes that are lightweight so that they will not expend too much energy in having to lift their feet because their shoe feels like cement. Depending on the structure the shoe has, it may be lighter or heavier than other shoes that deliver the same kind of performance.
- Midsole Height – The midsole of the shoes affects the feedback of the feet to the ground which may allow a better energy transfer. Generally, low midsoles have better quality as opposed to higher midsoles when it comes to energy transfer, but depending on your needs, if for example, you are an overpronator, you may need a midsole that is thicker than usual to protect your feet from having to embrace the impact of the ground.
- Heel Gradient – Heel gradient is the difference between the shoe’s forefoot and the rearfoot. Low heel gradients allow you to have a faster foot movement and give you a more dynamic running style while having a high heel gradient allows you to have a better support on your heel area. Depending on your preference, you may opt for either one of those two, or strike a balance between the two by going for a medium heel gradient.
- Technology – The technology for the shoes are what will either make or break the performance of the shoe, therefore allowing the shoe to be either good or bad for your feet. Many shoe manufacturers have different features for their shoes allowing you to choose whatever shoe would fit you best. Some would provide more cushioning, while others would provide more support or allow more durability to the shoe’s structure.
The History of the Adidas Shoe Company
Adidas is famous for its shoes and other related sports products which are last without having to sacrifice lightweight properties. However, how Adidas came to become such a successful brand is a long story. In order to better understand why most people, prefer Adidas brands, one should know the history of the Adidas shoe company.
- Origins – Adidas was founded in 1924 by Adi and Rudolf Dassler, who wanted to create the best sportswear and equipment possible. They had some relatively good success when they Lina Radke won a gold medal in the 1928 Olympics.
They had further success when Jesse Owens wore their equipment and won her respective competition. This further cemented the idea that they need to focus more on producing the best possible soccer and athletic shoes.
- Further Success – Around the mid-1930s, the company had begun expanding towards tennis shoes that had a product line that included 30 different designs that expanded into a range of sports. They also made shoes that they introduced to athletes that had spikes for grip and studs with soccer boots.
- The Split – On 1948, despite having some success in the company, the two brothers split due to a disagreement. Rudolf Dassler then created his own line of shoes that we know today as Puma. After the split, Adi decided to create the trademark of the brand, which became the famous three stripes logo.
Adi had also begun to start the company’s designs from scratch and forged new ideas to dominate the sports shoe market. He had also gained about 47 workers and decided to focus on the soccer market, which led to the birth of the first boot with rubber molded studs.
- Global Progress – By 1952, the German Olympic team had mainly worn Adidas shoes and when it resulted in their victory, the brand had become popular worldwide. The main reason why the brand had become so popular throughout the years is that most athletes who have worn the brand have often won medals.
Overall, the Adidas shoe company has many kinds of running shoes that may or may not fit you depending on your needs.
These running shoes are some of the best the brand has to offer, according to the opinions of the people who have bought these.
If you feel that these running shoe models are not adequate to give you the support and comfort you feel when you run, then you may look for other options that are in the market, as there are tons of running shoes that you may choose from.