The 10 Best Puma Running Shoes
Puma has been a front-runner in the footwear industry since its inception in the year 1924.
It has certainly made its mark and is known for its innovative and stylish shoes.
It manufactures some of the best shoes that continue to benefit several pro and novice runners. Puma makes use of the cutting-edge technologies to make the running experience enjoyable and delightful.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks for Best Puma Running Shoes
- Best Overall: PUMA Men’s Pulse XT Cross Training Shoe
- Best Affordable: Puma Mens Trazon 6 FM Running Shoe
- Best Puma Running Shoes for Men: Puma Ignite Limitless Reptile Running Shoe
- Best Puma Running Shoes for Women: Puma Iginite Mesh Running Shoe
- Best Puma Running Shoes for Flat Feet: Puma Enzo Cross-Trainer Shoe
IMAGE PRODUCT DETAILS View on Amazon → View on Amazon → View on Amazon → View on Amazon → View on Amazon →
This German company’s wide range of shoes are designed to be pocket-friendly and continue to benefit runners.
Best Puma Running Shoes Reviewed
With the wide range of Puma shoes available in the market, it can be difficult to choose the right one. So before you start shopping for the ideal running shoes, do take out the time to read through our below-listed recommendations:
A Little Introduction to The Puma Brand
Two brothers from a small town in Germany started the Puma brand out there.
The big break for this brand came in the year 1936 when one of their running shoes graced the Olympics held in Berlin.
The two brothers had convinced Jesse Owens to wear one of their shoes and the US Sprinter went on to win four gold medals.
As a result, this event caused the popularity of this brand to grow by leaps and bounds.
Finally, the brothers parted ways and one of them went on to start yet another running shoe company called Adidas.
Thereafter, the Puma factory led by Rudolf Dassler and the Adidas factory led by his brother Adolf Dassler have continued to dominate the footwear industry.
Although the two brothers originally started Puma together, the two have been bitter rivals ever since the split.
What Do Puma Running Shoes Have To Offer?
Puma is one of the most popular footwear brands and its running shoes are known to enhance performance on the trail.
So if you are a new runner, you might wonder what sets this brand apart from the rest.
The answer to that is quite simple, Puma offers a wide range of running shoes that cater to the needs of both pro and casual runners.
Also, there are several other benefits that come with a Puma shoe.
- Value for your money – One of the biggest advantages of Puma shoes that most elite runners confess is that it brings value for money. You will get a running shoe made from high-quality materials and one that has a quality design. As a result, this guarantees performance and durability.
- Ample support when running – Most runners confess that finding a running shoe with the right support can be a daunting task. For every runner, ample support and cushioning are essential. More so, for those who plan to run long distances. Most Puma shoes are known to offer the right support and cushioning for runners.
- Breathability of the running shoes – Puma develops running shoes with the view to keep the runners’ feet cool during the runs. Whether you select the tightly woven fabric shoe, or the one made from synthetic mesh, you are sure to find a shoe whose upper has the right breathability.
- Footwear technologies that enhance performance – Puma uses the best-known technologies to manufacture their running shoes. Some of the innovations used in the manufacture of the running shoes include EVERFIT technology, FAAS FOAM midsole, IGNITE Foam midsole, AIRmesh upper and EVERTRACK+outsole among others. Most of these technologies are exclusive to the Puma brand and they offer runners comfort, support, performance and protection on the track.
- Great performance from a Puma running pair – Puma develops running shoes in a manner by which they can sustain shock and impact from different terrains. That includes rocky and uneven terrains, slippery and muddy terrains, grassy areas, sandy shores among others. The shoes are also designed to offer the best performance while running or performance training.
- Fashionable and stylish shoes – You will admit that Puma has some of the best-looking running shoes. While performance, support and durability are important factors, Puma also knows that runners like to have fashionable shoes on their feet. This is why the brand comes up with aesthetically pleasing designs. Some of their shoes can be used on the track and even worn as casual wear.
Factors to Consider When Selecting Puma Running Shoes
From the list above, it is obvious that Puma takes the development of their running shoes very seriously.
However, remember to take a personal guide with you when you go shopping for the right shoe.
It is important that you select a shoe that suits your individual needs. This is why we have come up with the below-listed criteria for you to select the right Puma running shoe.
- Select based on use – You can find different Puma running shoes for different running activities. Puma’s wide range of shoes include ones used for training, others that are used for long runs and there are also ones that are meant for short runs. It is essential to make your selection based on the type of running activity for which you plan to wear that particular shoe.
- Look beyond the looks and sponsorship – Puma running shoes are aesthetically very pleasing and designed to grab attention. That might tempt you to go with the most fashionable Puma shoe endorsed by a famous athlete, but hold on. Although your favorite celebrities or some famous athletes had worn a particular Puma shoe, don’s buy a shoe just because of that. Many celebrities are known to sport the Puma brand and are sponsored by the company. However, it is good to consider other factors such as whether the shoe is easy to clean, has breathable upper material, and also its price.
- The width and size of the foot – It is common for runners to select a shoe from Amazon and then find it to be too narrow or too small for their feet. The Puma running shoes are divided into narrow and lesser narrow widths. It is good to know your size and width specifications beforehand so that you can order a shoe that fits you perfectly well.
Finally, getting your hands on the right pair of running shoes is a great investment.
Thus, it is essential that you pick a pair that is comfortable and meets your requirements. You can always count on Puma for high-quality and affordable running shoes.
We hope you find a Puma running shoe from our guide that fits your needs and style.